Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ride Report 2 - Orient Drive

Orient Drive is a spit of country road that parallels US 26 between Portland and Sandy, on the way to Mount Hood.

I was thinking about trying to get to Mount Hood this weekend, but since I’m still ‘running in’ the engine for the first 600 miles (more than halfway there now), I decided not to push the scooter at highway speeds for too long.

So, Orient Drive.  The fun part of the road is a two-lane stretch of country highway with variable speed limits.  There are some nice long stretches of hilly straightaways, so I was able to let the throttle out and have a little fun.  Not as many twists and turns as I’d like, and overall a short-ish stretch of ‘fun’ road (certainly less than 20 miles of ‘fun’ road) that takes a while to get to from my house, but nonetheless a rewarding ride down a scenic country lane.

Fun little moment: I stopped in at a local dive bar and had a beer while a guy apparently won something like $600 at the lottery machines.      

Here's the route map:
 


Country road.


A blue moon in a mason jar.


Obligatory helmet shot.


Chester Drawers.


The road ahead.


More nice views.


Goo goo ga joob.

No comments:

Post a Comment