Sunday, August 30, 2015

A rainy Sunday means no ride

After a packed Saturday that had me busy from morning till night, I had hoped to take the Fly to the coast today.  The weather, however, had other plans - after a hot, dry summer, the rains have come back with quite a vengeance.  There was a period around noon when the roads had dried out enough and the sun was out, and I thought to myself 'Self, maybe there's an opportunity for a ride today after all.'  Unfortunately, the sun stayed out only long enough for a delicious brunch with my husband at an outside table, and just as we were paying the tab, the drops started falling again.  Since then, it's been alternating between bright sun and torrential downpours.

No ride next weekend either - we're taking a little Amtrak trip to Seattle for Labor Day.  Maybe I'll take it out on a weeknight.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment