Thursday, July 6, 2017

This blog has been upgraded. As has my scooter.

Just traded the Fly for a gorgeous new Vespa GTS 300, and I am loving the absolute pants off this new scoot.  The Fly was fun but very limited in how fast it went - especially up hills.  It's frustrating as heck to try to keep up with a scooter crew going up a hill, pinning the throttle and not going faster than 35 while the rest of the group pulls away.  I had a really scary moment last summer where I was on a highway in central Oregon and the Fly refused to go faster than about 40 through the mountain passes.  Luckily I was surrounded by a good group of scooter friends, and they made sure I was as safe as possible.

I feel much more stable and grounded on the Vespa, and it just goes so much faster!  Group rides are now an absolute and effortless pleasure.  I've put 1,100 miles on the Vespa in just the first month since I bought it.

The new scooter's name is Sapphire, after the character in the Steven Universe cartoon, because our foster kid adores that show.  Every one of our vehicles is now named after a Steven Universe character - my GTI is named Ruby, because it's red, and my husband's Passat is named Pearl, because it's white.  So we have Ruby, Pearl, and Sapphire.

So in an effort to be cute, and a little cheeky, I've renamed this blog "The Adventures of Sapphire, Queen of Cascadia."

Here's my new blue friend now!


I took her to the Oregon coast the other weekend - something I never would have done on the Fly - riding Highway 26 to Highway 6 all the way to Tillamook.  Beautiful ride.  Spent the weekend riding around the coast with some scooter friends, and I covered 300 miles in 3 days total, including there and back again.

Basically, this blog is back in action as much as it ever was, and I'll be posting more ride reports as I have rides to report.  Which I will.  Lots of them.

Here are some more pictures of Sapphire from the day I bought her.  Isn't she pretty?




No comments:

Post a Comment